In between a few errands this afternoon in the vicinity of Broadway and 34th Street in Manhattan, the boys and I stepped into Macy's to see the annual Flower Show. As is usual with anything at the Herald Square store, the event is quite the production. The entire store, but especially the main level, is decked out in the most gorgeous arrangements of full-blooming flowers, with displays both on the floor and towering overhead. The scent that fills the air is overwhelming and wonderfully fragrant. Just walking down the main aisle is enough to send you into an incredibly pleasant sensory overload.
Garrett was particularly overcome by the beauty of it all. "Wow, Mom! It's flowers!" he exclaimed when we walked in (and again and again every time we approached another arrangement). "See this one, Mom? See it? I love it!" he'd say as he pointed out his favorites. He was surprisingly mindful of the Do Not Touch signs displayed among the flowers, but still couldn't resist the temptation to occasionally bury his head in the blossoms to smell them. "I smell them, Mom," he'd sigh. "Oh, they smell good!"
5 comments:
That sounds heavenly. I love the sight and smell of spring flowers.
Flowers in April?--seems too good to be true. Fingers crossed spring comes to our outdoors soon! Love Garrett's reactions.
Wow! That's incredible! I would love to come experience the magic of it all with Garrett!
This rates right up there with Christmas! I would absolutely love it.
Oh, memories! I was there a year ago and it was magical. Darling pictures.
Post a Comment