I haven't even met him yet, but already this baby is proving to be very different from his brothers.
He will be the first of the bunch to actually arrive in the month of his due date. And he is the first of them to keep me pregnant for longer than 38 weeks.
Consequently, he is also the first to leave me completely consumed with anxiety over his arrival. I won't list all of my concerns here, but will suffice it to say that every one of them was validated this morning by my doctor.
But it turns out that, because of my history of rapid-fire (and traumatic) deliveries, I'm a good candidate for induction, which would allow for a more controlled environment. I'm working now to schedule one for hopefully next Thursday.
Of course, I still hope this pregnancy ends on its own and, perhaps more importantly, sooner than that, which is still entirely possible. The baby is positioned very low, and I'm already dilated to 4cm and about 50% effaced. But we'll see what happens.
And, who knows. Maybe this boy will enter the world with dark hair. At this point I feel like anything is possible.
Friday, May 2, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Every pregnancy is so different isn't it? For someone who likes things planned the unpredictably of pregnancy and labor makes me a little crazy.
Good luck with enduring the last days of pregnancy. They are always the hardest for me and I feel your pain for your anxiety. You are in my prayers!
Good luck with enduring the last days of pregnancy. They are always the hardest for me and I feel your pain for your anxiety. You are in my prayers!
p.s. Guess who just moved into our ward? Brynda and Ryan Larsen (and daughter Brooklyn). How's that for a small world?
Hang in there! We'll pray he cooperates with what you need :-)
Post a Comment