It only makes sense that if you're going to have four boys, you might as well invest in some basic t-ball equipment. And so we did. And then we recruited some some friends from the ward to join us at a local park to play some ball.
Play ball!
Our boys are very new to the game, so it was requisite that we start
with the absolute basics, like catching.
At bat and assuming the position.
The ball didn't go nearly as far as he thought it had.
There we go. That's more like it.
Garrett fared a little better.
Matthew's turn.
His turn at the T is over, and he was sorely disappointed to have been sent to the field to catch the balls of other hitters.
Manning first base.
Three batters/runners versus two dads.
One highlight of this first day of t-ball occurred shortly after a mini game was organized, and two boys both ran to home at the same time, one from third base and the other from first. I don't even know where the batter was headed. It was hilarious and delightful, which I'm sure is one reason why this sport is such a beloved past time. It'll be a fun and entertaining summer watching these boys make more attempts to learn how to play it.
1 comment:
I love seeing the bridge in the background of your baseball diamond. I'm glad to see you're raising your boys to love the true American pastime.
Post a Comment