Every once in a while, though, when I can scrounge up an idea AND the time and energy to execute it, we'll do something a little more. Which is why yesterday, April Fool's Day, we ate cupcakes for dinner.
Okay, not actual cupcakes, but close. We made pancake "cupcakes," topped with Nutella "frosting" -- a backwards "dessert" first breakfast-for-dinner (because I can't exactly stomach the idea of mashed potato-topped meatloaf muffins). And it was a huge hit! Matthew, for example, could hardly wait to get his little paws on them.
"Please just put me in the high chair! If you put me in the high chair, the next logical step would be to give me food."
"But why not?!"
"Oh, the injustice!"
"Those, Mom. I want one of those. Why can't you just help a kid out?"
"Seriously?! You are really ticking me off."
"Finally! Now was that really so hard?"
In case you, too, are in the mood to tick off your toddlers by making them wait for such a treat, here's how you can whip up some of your own:
Pancake Cupcakes
2 cups Bisquick baking mix
2/3 cups milk
2 eggs
3/4 cup maple syrup
Nutella
Bananas and strawberries, sliced
Mix together the baking mix, milk, eggs, and syrup. Pour into a paper-lined muffin tin, filling each cup half-way. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
With an electric mixer, whisk the Nutella until it is smooth and a little fluffy. Once the cupcakes are cooled, spread on like frosting. Top with sliced bananas and strawberries.
3 comments:
Hahahaha, Matthew is super CUTE!!!! I love all his tantrum pictures!
What a cute idea. And I totally wouldn't have batted an eye if you had served actual cupcakes and ice cream; in fact I may do that next year. :-)
Awwwwwww. Matthew's bright red face is killing me! he is too cute, even when he is all upset!
Post a Comment