wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Sunday, September 1, 2013

sunday art

Garrett waxes pretty artistic on a regular basis, but he seems to produce some of his best work at church on Sundays. Last Sunday immediately after church he was especially eager to show me his latest drawings, and he introduced them to me as follows:

"Me and Jesus."

"A squid."

"And a killer whale's horn."

(The scans obviously don't do them full justice, but you get the idea.)

One little piece of art, or, rather, writing practice, that he did on a Post-It Note during Sacrament Meeting a few weeks ago caught me by surprise when I found it -- and made Garrett turn bright red and squeamish when I confronted him.


Remember Sofia? His little pre-k best friend/girlfriend? He hasn't seen her in over a year, but apparently he still remembers her fondly.

He's only six, guys. Doesn't it seem a little early for him to be swooning? At least (unfortunately?) Sofia doesn't go to his school anymore. In fact, I don't even have contact information for her, so I guess she will likely remain his long lost first love, the one who got away.

2 comments:

Emily said...

!!! I laughed out loud. Thanks for sharing. What a tenderhearted little guy.

Kiersten said...

So funny and so cute!