Both Caleb and Matthew are often told that they are big boys -- Caleb because of his height and Matthew because of his baby rolls and chubby cheeks. But while I learned today at their 3 year and 4 month well check-up appointments that while they are indeed above average, they are not as off-the-charts as some people seem to think. Here are their stats:
Caleb, age 3 years
Height: 39 1/4 inches
Weight: 32 lbs 6 oz
Matthew, age 4 months
Height: 26 inches
Weight: 16 lbs
Both boys are healthy and growing just fine. This was Caleb's first "big boy" appointment, complete with a blood
pressure check and a urine sample, both of which he found to be
fantastically grown up. He was also given his first eye exam, which
indicated a slight
concern with his eyesight. We'll be monitoring that closely and possibly
taking him in down the road for an exam with an optometrist.
To my surprise, Matthew is actually a little smaller than I thought he'd be. I
guess that I'm just as easily swayed by those chubby cheeks. He was
given the green light to start solid foods; we gave him his first
experience with
cereal on a spoon this afternoon. With time and practice, I'm sure
he'll learn to enjoy it a little more than he did today.
Monday, August 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My 4 month old Jack only weighs 12 pounds. But then, my babies have all been tiny. They don't start out that way, but I'm pretty sure I make skim milk, so I've never had a chubby baby. They've all turned out just fine though, so I'm not worried. Love the pictures of your cute boys. :) We haven't started any real food with Jack yet either... is it terrible that I almost feel too busy to try it? I think with the last one we just waited until she was grabbing food off our plates. Guess she was ready by then!
Such cute boys! I can't believe how big they are getting!We miss you guys and hope everything is going swell for you!
Oh that face! Poor Matthew does not look to happy about that spoon!
They're both just terribly adorable.
Post a Comment