Matching Twin-Sized Bedspreads and Pillow Shams
I made these to give to Garrett and Caleb for Christmas. They are the biggest quilts I've attempted to make, and are the reason that I think I'll stick to lap- and baby-sized quilts for now, thank you very much. I am not equipped to make large quilts. Also, somewhere along the way I didn't do my math right, so they aren't even as big as they were supposed to be. They work all right as bedspreads for a tight-fitting bunk bed, but they wouldn't really work on a regular, unstacked twin. I wish I liked better how they turned out (though I do love the Starry Night fabric, in part because the boys have such fond memories of seeing that paining in person at the MoMA). (Also this is probably the nicest you'll ever see their beds look. Because I made them.)
Irish Chain
This was initially supposed to be a new bedspread quilt for our bed (so, queen sized), but as I mentioned above, big quilts are hard! So I decided to stop at lap sized, and I'm glad I did. I didn't want to hate/ruin this one. It's not yet complete, but the top is pieced (as seen in the photo) and the layers are sandwiched together. I'll be starting on the hand quilting of it soon.
Baby Irish Chain
Since I opted to not make this Irish chain quilt as big as originally intended, I had a lot of already pieced squares leftover --- enough to make a baby-sized version. It, too, is still incomplete, but, like its bigger counterpart, the top is pieced (as seen in the photo), the layers are sandwiched, and I've just started on the hand quilting of it.
Felt Heart Garland
Not a quilting project, but I did use a sewing machine to put it together. Yes, I cut out all those hearts myself, a project that, for what it's worth, turned out to be much more therapeutic than hand cramping. I love how it turned out and how it looks gracing the mantel of our non-functional fireplace.
Attic Stairs II
You may remember that about a year ago I completed the first attic stairs quilt. Except for the backing fabric, this one is identical to that one, even down to the hand quilting. I'm happy to finally be done with both of them. All told, this scrappy quilt project took me several years of on-again, off-again work on it. I'm glad to have it all wrapped up so I can more on to the next project feeling less cluttered, but I do love how they turned out.
Receiving Blanket Baby Quilt
This was a quick project that I made for my sister, Katie, who is due with her third baby (and first boy!) next month. I made it by piecing together 5" squares cut out of a pack of coordinating flannel receiving blankets, backing it with coordinating minky fabric, and tying it together with yarn. I think this might be my new favorite personalized baby gift.
Curtains
Our kitchen windows have desperately needed some sort of treatment since we moved in, and I finally got around/got up the guts to make curtains. I found the cheeriest and most charming cherry-themed fabric for super cheap at Walmart, and they do as much to brighten the room as they do to conceal us from the busy street and parking lot they look out on. I'm really pleased with how they turned out.



1 comment:
Wonderful job on all your sewing projects, Lindsay! I too love the cherry fabric; it's such a fitting theme for a kitchen window :)
The receiving blanket baby quilt is adorable and such a great idea. I'll have to keep that one tucked away.
And the attic stairs quilt...simply fabulous. I'm a sucker for scrappy quilts although I haven't made one in years. I just think about making them all the time.
Post a Comment