wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Monday, August 24, 2015

come on in

Our home is not yet completely put together -- a few boxes still remain and a few walls are still bare -- but since our incredibly beautiful, custom Amish made dining table arrived late last week, I guess it's time for the photo house tour I know at least a handful of you have been anxiously waiting for. So come on in!



Living Room
The living room is open and features a fireplace that it "not working" (by which I'm pretty sure our landlord meant "it hasn't been cleaned or maintained in 50+ years, so just don't try to use it). We very rarely use the front door (mostly because our parking spot is just a few steps from the back kitchen door), but if you walk in that way, the play room is to the right, the dining room is straight ahead, and the living room opens up to the left, with the staircase to the second floor just beyond.

 View from the front door.


Play Room
This is a teeny tiny bonus room that I think was once a large screened in porch. It's the perfect size and space for its current purpose.

 View from the living room. 

View from the French doors.


Dining Room
The dining room opens up beyond the living room and gives access to the kitchen. This room also serves as an "office" as it hosts the computer. It has the best natural lighting in the house.


Kitchen
The kitchen is not particularly fluid, and it has really awesome wall paper, but it it's way bigger than our Brooklyn kitchen and it has a dishwasher (the first we've had in 10 years of marriage).

 View from the dining room. We use this door way more often than the front door. 

View from the kitchen door. The door in the photo leads to the basement. I'll spare you creepy basement photos, but two steps down there is a small landing with the side entrance to the house.


Stairs & Hallway
The stairs creak very loudly, and I kind of love it.

The two doors on the left belong to Garrett/Caleb (first one) and Matthew/Daniel (second one). The two doors on the right that are not pictured are for the bathroom (first one) and the master (second one). The door with the full length mirror on it is a linen closet.

Garrett & Caleb's Room
Theirs is the smallest bedroom, but it fits them perfectly (and in theory it will be easier for them to keep clean).

 View from the hallway.


Matthew & Daniel's Room
These two got the bigger room because it needed to house a bunk bed and a crib. Matthew loves sleeping in his own bed (as does Caleb).

 View from the hallway, featuring Danny lounging in his crib.


Bathroom
The bathroom is narrow and awkwardly designed, but again, it's bigger than what we had before and actually has a bit of counter space! You do, though, have to squeeze between the sink and the tub to get to the toilet, which some days I'm just not nimble enough to do gracefully.

 View from the hallway.


Master Bedroom
Our bedroom boasts two huge closets. Between the plentiful and large closets this house has and the unfinished basement, it sometimes feels like we don't own anything superfluous because for the first time ever it's not all staring us square in the face.

 View from the hallway.



And that concludes the house tour. For better views, come visit!

8 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, Lindsay, I love it! What a lovely home, and so full of character! Congratulations!

Jackie said...

It's absolutely lovely! So much floor space! Kitchen counters, and it looks like there are outlets near them! You've done such a nice job decorating- simple and airy but very cozy at the same time. Thanks for the walk through, all that was missing is a cup of tea. :)

jeanine said...

Love it! It feels so cozy!

goddessdivine said...

Super cute! I love the outside and the inside (which looks totally modernized and clean!)

I'm sure you all will enjoy the extra space. :-)

Deborah said...

So perfect! I DO want to come visit :)

vdg family said...

It is so beautiful! Congrats!

Sarah said...

Adorable and cozy and well organized! Well done, Lindsay :)

JoEllen said...

So many things!! Counter space in the bathroom, a laundry room, multiple bedrooms for the boys, a playroom, and closets to tuck things away......truly awesome!

No pictures of your yard? I'd love to see the outside of your new home too!!