Monday, December 8, 2014
seven months
Dear Daniel,
I have to know -- are you in some kind of race against your brothers to grow up and reach milestones? Because sometimes it sure seems that way. It started when you became the first one of the bunch to figure out how to roll over, and continued with the speed at which you learned how to propel yourself around the room. This month you kept going by sprouting two teeth (four months earlier than anyone else) and sitting like a pro (about 6 weeks earlier than anyone else). I'm starting to get a little anxious about what this next month might bring. Perhaps we should lower the crib mattress preemptively before you spontaneously figure out how to somersault out if it!
At seven months old, you are still an incredibly happy baby, despite the fact that you are once again swimming in a sea of your own snot and struggling to come up for air. You never fail to burst into a huge grin whenever I catch your eye and call your name, even when doing so interrupts your explorations of various corners of the apartment. We'll be getting a Christmas tree soon, and I have a feeling that you won't be too happy when I have to keep stopping you from trying to pull it over and eat it. You hardly ever sit still anymore. You even wiggle with unstoppable curiosity when I feed you your bottles.
Though you have finally started consistently sleeping through the night (thank you!), sleeping during the day has become a challenge. Now, dear, it's a little early to start boycotting naps, so let's work on fixing this, shall we? We both know you desperately, desperately need them, so if you could just stop resisting them, we'd both be a lot happier.
You are such a pretty baby, with your soft, wild hair, and your dark, piercing eyes, and your sweet-smelling skin. It's a struggle to keep from eating you up every chance I get, and sometimes I just can't help myself, especially when, as I'm holding you on my hip, you awkwardly lean in to cuddle, not knowing when to stop until your head bumps into my jawbone. Oh, I love you, I love you, I love you!
(Now please take your nap!)
Love,
Mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment