wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

our year in song: the 2014 playlist

I'm really loving this year's playlist. Every song was very thoughtfully chosen because of either the song title, phrases in the lyrics, the overall message, and/or just because we loved them. Even the order the songs are placed in harks back to our experiences over the year. (My favorite is the order of tracks 8 and 9. That was a crazy day!)

*While I did my best to choose videos of the songs that were clean, I cannot control how bizarre some of them are.*

Our Year in Song: The 2014 Playlist

1. Come Take a Trip in My Airship -- Natalie Merchant
2. Stay Alive -- Jose Gonzalez
3. Be Your Man -- Ivan & Alyosha
4. Happy -- Pharrell Williams
5. Reflections -- MisterWives
6. Flightless Bird, American Mouth -- Iron & Wine
7. Go Down, Moses -- Natalie Merchant
8. This Head I Hold -- Electric Guest
9. Danny Boy -- Eva Cassidy
10. Line of Fire -- Junip
11. We Can Work It Out -- Crooked Still
12. Let It Go -- Idina Menzel
13. "C" Is for Cookie -- Cookie Monster
14. Lemonade -- Alex Boye
15. The Truth -- Foster the People
16. Stars -- Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
17. Don't Let It Pass -- Junip
18. Cell Song -- Fanfarlo
19. The Writing's on the Wall -- OK Go
20. It'll End Too Soon -- Crooked Still

No comments: