wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Thursday, October 31, 2013

mamma mia, here we go again

Peek-a-BOO!



Yes, it's true: Baby #4 is coming.

To put the minds of the curious at ease, I'll go ahead and answer a few of the more frequently asked questions.

When are you due?
The official date is May 15th, but because of my track record, I'm mentally preparing myself for sometime in April.

Do you know the gender?
It's still early, so no, not yet. 

How have you been feeling? 
At any given moment, I feel simultaneously thrilled and terrified. Most of the time, though, I actually just feel pretty gross, but that's the way this game is played. I can't decide if this time around is actually worse or if it's just the fact that my life is more demanding now that I already have three other needy children to care for. Either way, my doctor took enough pity on me to put me on Zofran for the first time ever. It hasn't been a miracle cure, but it has allowed me to function, albeit minimally, at the times when I desperately need to be able to function (nutty after school hours, I'm lookin' at you!). Unfortunately, it doesn't help at all with the bone-crushing fatigue, and most days I'm operating on less than empty.

My body is apparently primed for this. I feel like I'm already showing, even though I'm probably actually not. But just the same, for comfort's sake I dug out my maternity pants last week and, even though they're still a little big, I have not regretted it.

Does this mean you're finally going to move to a bigger place?
No, not immediately. Rents in the area have skyrocketed in the last couple of years, and we really can't afford to upgrade locally. When we move, it'll have to be out of New York City. But it's not quite time for that. And so we are trying to get creative, by which I mean, we have no idea how this is going to work. I honestly thought that Matthew was going to be my last Brooklyn baby, but apparently not. Luckily we've got time to figure things out. And, I keep trying to remind myself, if we're supposed to still be here, we'll make another little person fit somehow.

Are the boys excited?
Yes! We told them the news a few weeks ago after we heard a heartbeat at my first prenatal appointment, and they are thrilled. The new baby is frequently included in their prayers, and they wish springtime was closer than it is. After we told them, I braced myself for the world to know as well (you would, too, if the first words out of Garrett's mouth were "I can't wait to tell my teachers!"), but, so far as I'm aware, they've kept the rumor spreading to a minimum.

15 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so excited to have another blonde Anderson baby running around! If it's a girl I will die from cuteness overload. If it's a boy, I think we both know my heart can't handle another Garrett crush. So cute. Congrats again!! Love you guys.

Emily said...

Brooklyn is lucky to have another Anderson on the way. I've got my fingers crossed for a girl!

Erica said...

ya yay yay!!!!

Peter and Mandy said...

Oh wow that is so exciting.

I think you should move to San Diego. The rent here is decent-probably less than what you're paying for a 3-4 bedroom house. Or you could even buy here. Plus the weather is beautiful most of the time. But, should you really need some time in the snow-it's like an hour or so away.

Erin said...

I'm hoping for a girl too. And hoping that this baby forces a move to Westchester!

Claire said...

Congrats! Love reading your blog, should post more often. Your little fam is too cute.

AmyJane said...

Oh my goodness,I feel like you JUST had a baby! Of course, this doesn't mean I'm any less thrilled for you! And honestly, my curiosity cannot wait to see how you will manage to fit another person into that "itty bitty living space".....you'll be at 100 sq ft per person!! Whoa. You are wonde woman!

heath said...

Exciting news! Good luck figuring out the living arrangements and juggling 3 kids while preparing for a 4th. I'm sure you will handle it all beautifully. Yay!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! Boy or girl, they are coming to wonderful home!

jeanine said...

Sending girl thoughts your way... although a boy might be more convenient as far as space is concerned. You are amazing!

Becca said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you and your family! I wish I could meet all your sweet kids.

JoEllen said...

Congrats! That is very, very exciting! I can't wait to hear all about this pregnancy, life with 4 kids and all in the City!! Sometimes, I seriously don't know how you manage. I'm so glad you're willing to share it all with us!

I hope you start feeling a bit better sooner rather than later!

vdg family said...

Lindsay, you wonder woman! Congratulations!!! So happy for you and you are in my prayers so you'll feel great!

Kelly said...

Congratulations Lindsay. Another kid in your apartment! That should be fantastic. But at least you have a car, right?

Desmama said...

So happy for another blonde little person! If it's a boy, he's going to be so happy to have a whole cohort of friends. A girl? She'll be doted on. So, either way, it's going to be so great.