wading through motherhood with all my ducks in a row

*****

Friday, January 18, 2013

how to fold an ergo carrier

While we were all together at Christmas, my sister-in-law, Kiersten, changed my life by teaching me how to fold up an Ergo carrier into a neat little bundle. This technique not only makes it more portable, it also makes it easier to store when not in use. Some of you Ergo owners might already know how to do this, but for those who don't, allow me to change your life.

Begin by laying your Ergo face down on a flat surface.


Fold the straps over the top half of the main body of the carrier. If the hood is not already tucked away in its own pocket, fold it down as well.


Beginning at the top, start rolling the carrier tightly, keeping the straps tucked inside.


Continue rolling until your bundle is sitting on top of the waist belt.


Bring up the sides of the waist belt over the bundle and attach the buckle. Pull tightly on the strap to secure.


And there you go! All neatly bundled and ready to stash inside a diaper bag or stroller basket.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Awesome. I wonder if I could pin this so I will remember. I don't have an ergo, but if we have another child, I have been debating getting one since I all others are either too cumbersome, or give me back trouble. Love ya.

Peter and Mandy said...

Well that sure beats my technique of shoving it into a box. When I need it next time I'll be sure to keep this in mind. I can't believe it is that easy.

Kimberly said...

Changed my life too :) It makes me feel silly that I didn't figure it out before now!

Deborah said...

holy cow! Yes indeed, this is life-changing :)