Thursday, November 22, 2012
seven months
Dear Matthew,
Of the many things I'm grateful for this Thanksgiving Day, you rank high on the list. It's been such a treat to have you in our lives these last seven months.
Today we drove out to New Jersey to spend the holiday with Uncle Joel and Aunt Colleen. Sam and Leisa were also there, so we got to introduce you to your second cousin, Vera, who is the very same age as you. She was fascinated with your face and loved to grab at it. You, not surprisingly, did not care so much for that. But you did seem to enjoy having another tiny person in the house, especially since she came with a few new and interesting toys.
Just before everyone feasted on their Thanksgiving meal, you sat down to a traditional meal of your own, albeit it in the form of a jarred puree. Considering how quickly you devoured it, I'd say you give turkey with sweet potatoes two messy thumbs way up. You are an incredibly good eater, never refusing anything I offer you. The other night, after cutting up a pineapple, I let you gnaw on the core, and you nearly gobbled the whole thing up without any help holding on to it.
Your hand-mouth coordination is impeccable, and anything that finds its way into your hands soon ends up inside your mouth. This ability has further improved your love for toys. Your favorites right now include the jingly squish ball and the rubbery tub of critters.
You continue to be remarkably ticklish, and it doesn't take much these days to get you to burst into a grin and double over in giggles. You've become a very happy baby, which is a pleasant turn around from your first few months. You still, though, have had a hard time aligning your schedule to the more demanding schedules of your brothers. I hate having to interrupt your naps because later in the day when you consequently become overtired, it's hard for you to finally be able to settle down into the solid nap you so desperately need. But I suppose that's how it goes for a third child.
But being the third doesn't mark you as any less. I love you, Matthew, so much, and I'm so thankful that you are mine.
Love,
Mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It will be fun to see Matthew with Abigale and Hannah along with Garrett, Caleb, and Lydia all being with each other. Can't wait for Christmas!!
Post a Comment