On Saturday we made our annual spring visit to the Brooklyn Botanic Garden (or "the kindergarten," as Garrett accidentally kept calling it; I suppose they do sound phonetically similar...sort of). Our primary reason for going was to see the cherry blossoms (or "the white and pink popcorn trees," according to Garrett), the majority of which had just begun to bloom.
But there was more fun to be had. Aside from enjoying the sunshine and absolutely ideal temperatures, I nearly swooned walking through the fragrant lilac collection and the boys had fun...
...playing in the Patrick Dougherty stick installation exhibit,
walking on walls,
stopping to smell tulips and watch butterflies,
and running on the grass (and smack into mom) at the cherry esplanade.
The only thing that wasn't fun was the time when Garrett was sure a couple of bees were out to get him and so screamed and flailed about in a terror-stricken panic. (I only wish I'd caught that on video. I know he was scared senseless, but oh my, it was so funny to watch!)
Since there's one across the street, and we'd all worn ourselves out with more walking than we'd anticipated (a close parking spot turned out to be difficult to find), afterwards we headed over to Wendy's (or "the hungry store with the girl and the red," according to Garrett) for lunch and Frosty's.
It was a pretty great day (or, "the most perfect day I like," according to Garrett).
3 comments:
Ahhh!!! Definitely popcorn trees. I love their enthusiasm!
I like Garrett's comments on today's post. He cracks me up!
So cute. I loved all the "translations" from Garrett. Also? Looking at your boys, I realize . . . they're both so grown-up! They look like little men!
Post a Comment