Because I don't want to forget what it looked like to reach the third floor (huffing and puffing, usually) and see our apartment.
Because I don't want to forget the entryway and the buzzer we used to let people into the building.
Because I don't want to forget the lovely paned glass door that didn't actually work properly but added charm to our living room.
Because I don't want to forget the view as I sat on that couch.
Because I don't want to forget how the living room greeted me when I walked in.
Because I don't want to forget how we heaped things high.
Because I don't want to forget how we heaped things high.
Because I don't want to forget where I spent so much time preparing meals for my family.
Because I don't want to forget how much I loved my New York themed Fishs Eddy plates hanging on the wall above the cupboards.
Because I don't want to forget how I could almost simultaneously wash dishes, help a toddler on the potty, and help Garrett pick a chapter book out from this spot.
Because I don't want to forget how many people we were able to cram inside this tiny, oddly shaped bathroom.
Because I don't want to forget how many little boys we bathed in that tub.
Because I don't want to forget how if we plugged the vacuum into the bathroom outlet it could reach everywhere in the apartment.
Because I don't want to forget how our landlord thought that by installing that one extra towel bar prior to our move in he was giving us plenty of towel hanging space. Little did he know how we'd fill this place!
Because I don't want to forget that that bit of space around the small, shallow sink is what New Yorkers call "counter space" (air quotes included).
Because I don't want to forget how Blake never closed his closet door.
Because I don't want to forget how inviting my bed was when I'd retreat there after an exhausting expedition.
Because I don't want to forget what it looked like as my entire family would march in one by one, climbing on the furniture as they did so, needing one thing or another the very moment I sank into my memory foam mattress topper.
Because I don't want to forget my makeshift sewing nook.
Because I don't want to forget the variety of surprises that awaited me each time I walked into the boys' room.
Because I don't want to forget how every square inch of this room's perimeter was used to the fullest.
Because I don't want to forget how putting four boys in the same room as their toy collection did not simplify things at all.
Because I don't want to forget the little faces that stared through the crib bars at me each morning and after naps.
Because I don't want to forget how when we bought that bunk bed, it was with two brothers in mind. By the end three brothers were sharing it.
Because I don't want to forget how cozy and comfortable this crowded bedroom really was.
Because I don't want to forget what it was like to live as one of six people in a 600 square foot apartment in Brooklyn.
5 comments:
Oh I wish I had done something like this! It is beautiful! You will be greatly missed! Prayers for you on your move! ~M
this is from Sarah) how are you doing? you did a great job!when are you moving?We miss you!
So many memories! Oh the things you have seen and done there in Brooklyn. Best of wishes to you as you move on to new adventures!
600 square feet?! Oh how I hope you have so much more in your next abode. ;-)
(As I'm apartment shopping on-line for places back east I balk at the ridiculous "counter spaces" offered in some of these bathrooms. I don't know what these people are thinking when they build these places.)
Best of luck in the move. Can't wait to see the new place!
Wow you sure did an amazing job with 600sq/ft!
Love it.
Post a Comment