Since that day, he has taken every opportunity to practice his new skill. It's been a frustrating, painful process, but he's getting stronger and steadier in his attempts to get himself down as well as up. In short, nothing is safe anymore. This morning I documented every time he pulled himself to a stand. The results were not only enlightening (it's not just my imagination that he can get himself just about everywhere!) as well as hilarious (OMG -- the crib!)
The toys, for starters, are now his for the taking.
Don't mind if I do.
How did I get up here again?
Get me down!!
But wait! I see something shiny!
LET
ME
OUT!!!
I'm over here now...
But I really wonder what's going on over there.
Do you think Matthew would mind if I get into his stuff?
(Yes, yes he definitely would mind, so keep your dangerous little paws off, thankyouverymuch.)
But when you sit between me and Matthew, Mom, I can't get to his stuff.
(Exactly.)
But while I'm here, could I have more Cheerios?
Please? I'll be extra cute.
And the possibilities just got a little more endless.
Watch out, world. It's only a matter of moments before he's cruising along the furniture. And then, brave boy that he is, he'll be letting go to join his big brothers. His babyhood is creeping closer and closer to an end. (*sniff*)
2 comments:
What a fun stage. Good luck the new mobility!
Yikes! He certainly can get around! My not-so-little 11-month old Ethan isn't even crawling yet. He's content to just sit and play (and occasionally roll). Maucklets are all late bloomers in that area of babyhood and I'm totally okay with that.
Post a Comment