Monday, September 8, 2014
four months
Dear Daniel,
I think it's pretty safe to say that now, at four months old, you have outgrown the newborn stage. You've certainly lost that wrinkled newborn look, anyway, and traded it in for a more mature baby face.
You've grown strong in the last few weeks. When on your tummy you can push yourself up onto your elbows and stay there comfortably for at least a little while. Of course, your new talent for rolling over -- in both directions! -- keeps you from staying in one place for too long. Your golden hair continues to spike adorably upwards, and your dark eyes are looking more and more like they'll be brown like your dad's. You are incredibly ticklish and share your giggles easily; I especially love the laughs you give not only when provoked but when you genuinely find something to be funny.
You've recently been more spitty and more fussy, which, since I know it peaks at about this age, makes me wonder if you have a mild case of reflux after all. I'll be speaking to the pediatrician about it at your appointment later this week to see if there's anything we can do to help you be more comfortable. In the meantime we started you on solids to see if that would help your milk stay down better. Seeing as you love to put all the things as quickly as possible into your mouth, it was no surprise that you were eager to eat those spoonfuls of oatmeal. Nor was it shocking that your bib was also stuffed into your face along with the cereal. At any rate, you seem to love eating -- both the oatmeal and the bib.
You really are a sweet, sweet boy, and I love how well you've worked your way into our hearts -- and not just mine and Dad's, but every one of your brothers as well. They absolutely adore you. And so do I.
Love,
Mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment