Friday, August 8, 2014
three months
Dear Daniel,
A baby at three months is a magical thing, and you are no exception. You are alert and responsive and incredibly quick to smile at anyone who looks your way. You babble and coo and giggle when I tickle you. And your colic has all but disappeared. The curative properties you now possess can brighten even the gloomiest day.
These days your hair is golden blond, and it's growing in spikes much like Caleb's did. Your eyes are very dark, though their permanent color has yet to be determined. And your skin, oh your skin is so beautiful, clear and rich in tone. Your fingers -- your thumb as it's curled in a fist, and its neighbor, since you haven't yet perfected your aim -- have lately often found their way to your mouth, which makes me wonder if I'll have another self-soothing thumb-sucker on my hands.
You seem eager to get moving. You have begun to roll from front to back, and if I place you in one spot on a blanket, a few minutes later you've shuffled yourself to another. Consequently you no longer fit comfortably in your Moses basket. I think this weekend we'll make the official move to the crib in the room with your brothers. I'm anticipating the transition to be tricky, but hopefully your ability to now only wake once at night to eat will help to ease it.
Thank you, Danny, for being such a sweet, pleasant baby, one whose problems I can easily solve with a bottle, burp, new diaper, or swaddle. I am head over heels for you, and am so blessed you are mine.
Love,
Mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment