Neither of us knows his teacher's name yet (which is strange for me; I'm still trying to get used to the way things are done in the New York City public school system), but he's in the same class as Gracie and Ava, a set of twins from his beloved Class 6. They sat next to each other in the auditorium when all the kindergarten children and their parents gathered at the beginning of the school day, and chatted until they were whisked off to their classroom. At one point I put my hand on Garrett's knee and started to ask him a question, but he quickly interrupted me with, "Mom, I'm busy talking with Gracie right now."
I guess he is growing up. Well, if that's how it's going to be, I think he's ready.
"Matthew, today's my first day of kindergarten. I'm so excited!"
The obligatory First Day of School pose in front of the building.
And Caleb, of course, wants in on the photo-op.
This year we'll walk to school instead of riding the bus.
One of the newest members of the P.S. 185 Kindergarten class.
5 comments:
I love the picture of the boys of the bed! So sweet!!
Congrats to Garrett for surviving the first day of kindergarten!!
Congrats Garrett!!! Way to be such a big boy!!!
He's such a cute kindergartener! I can't believe he's old enough for kindergarten. He's growing up as quickly as my kids are!
Is he going to that school down the street a couple of blocks? When we came to visit there was a little carnival/fair going on there. Must be a good place. :) Hope he continues to love kindergarten.
What a wonderful idea to gradually adjust to a full day schedule! Lily jumped right into and that first week was hard on all of us. I missed my big girl and she was completely exhausted every night. This week has been so much better. How are momma and brothers on your end adjusting to not having Garrett around all day?
Post a Comment